Saturday 25 August 2012

MAC Studio Finish Concealer




On the MAC Cosmetics website, they claim that the Studio Finish Concealer is a 'lightweight, creamy, discreetly opaque concealer' and to some extent I do agree with this. I wouldn't say that this is one of their lightweight concealers if you want to get good coverage like me although if using for things like blotchiness, it could definitely be seen as a lightweight concealer but if you want to cover spots, blemishes, scarring etc you definitely need to apply more to get fuller coverage, making it more on the medium/heavy side! 
For over a year now this has been my go-to concealer as I have a fair bit of spot scarring on my face and it covers the redness of blemishes really well and it stays put throughout the day with only needing to reapply minimal amounts during the day which I love! If you're looking for a concealer to cover up dark circles under your eyes, when first applying it, it does have good coverage for them however over the course of the day I have found that it sinks into the fine lines under the eyes so I would say it is slightly too heavy for this area of the face. If you have dry - normal skin, this concealer may not be the best for you as it is very creamy and doesn't apply very well around dry places/blemishes on the skin. 
I tend to use this concealer both under and over my foundation, however i do use a lighter shade under my foundation and when I use it I seem to have flawless skin coverage, which is what I am aiming for. I love this product and will probably always use this as it is in a reasonable price range of only £14.50 and it lasts for a good 6-12 months depending on how much you use. If you're looking to start a MAC collection this is definitely worth investing in to start off your collection especially for troubled skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment