Saturday 8 September 2012

Estēe Lauder Double Wear Foundation




It feels like I haven't posted anything on here in absolutely ages even though its only been a day! On a recent quick trip into Bury for a job interview, I nipped into Debenhams to have a look at the double wear foundation as mine Maybelline one had started to look a little bit cakey and I was thinking about changing up my foundation to more of a high end brand anyway. I actually only went in for a sample to try out for a few days, but I was roped into trying the foundation with one of the women and then into buying it, well actually my mum bought it for me haha! 
I know full coverage foundations aren't for everybody especially around this time of year when it's a bit warmer so more people tend to reach for tinted moisturisers or BB creams. Me, however, I do not like light coverage foundation or anything else similar as I have scarred skin from having problems with my skin in the past and it's also quite blotchy on occasion too so I go for the full coverage and obviously Double Wear foundation ticks all these boxes! When applying it, I use around 2 pea sizedd amounts to cover my whole face and I buff it into my face, with this foundation I tend to find that a little goes a long way. It covers all my scars, blemishes and blotchiness 100% and I am totally in love with it. The finish of the foundation is matte but has quite a satin look to it too, making it look very natural. However, if you don't like the "make up" look, this foundation is not for you. The packaging of the bottle is really sleek and simple which I love but the fact that you have to tip it out of the bottle means that you can end up wearing/wasting more foundation than you need to which, for the price, will put a lot of people off but considering how amazing and true to what it says on the bottle this foundation is I think it is totally worth £27.50 and I will definitely buy it again.
Have you used Double Wear foundation before? What do you think? 

1 comment:

  1. Great post!

    3 words LOVE YOUR STYLE :)

    I'm an instant follower of you now :)

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    p.s Do you want to win a Snake Wrap Earring?! Enter my giveaway!

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete